Antioch Christian Church Guiding Principles
We are non-denominational and non-sectarian. We seek unity of all Christians on the basis of a common faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Bible as the authoritative Word of God for the Church. Our members come from a wide variety of backgrounds. We thank God for our diversity even as we work to maintain a unity that is never interpreted as uniformity. Our elders and staff symbolize the variety and unity of the congregation as a whole. We work together with mutual respect, granting freedom in Christ and doing everything we can to uplift one another.
Tenets of our faith:
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious atonement through his shed blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal and visible return in power and glory.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he was tempted by Satan and fell, and that, because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for salvation.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enable to live a godly life, and by whom the church is empowere to carry out Christ's great commission.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.